Burks lawn and saw is an outdoor power equipment retailer that specializes in top of the line brands such as Steiner tractors, Ferris zero turn mowers, grasshopper zero turn mowers and Stihl power equipment. We are a growing company that has been in business for the last 9 years in the Pittsburgh area.
Currently we are looking for an outside sales representative to sell to golf courses, municipalities, school districts, condominium complexes, estate owners, and other large commercial users. Taking equipment to the customer for demonstrations is a requirement, as well as following up with current customers and seeking out new customers.
- Be committed to a high level of customer service and excel in a position of independence and responsibility. Must be motivated and have self starter attitude.
- Manage, retain and expand commercial customer relationships.
- Conducts follow-up of leads and customer retention/service calls through means of telephone and person-to-person contact to identify customer needs.
- Contact and qualify prospects to establish commercial relationship.
- Utilize sales and marketing to build customer relationships.
- Make onsite presentations of products and services, and follow up to ensure the sale.
- Evaluate customer`s potential product needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Execute commercial sales process and provide feedback for process improvement.
- Provide customer support and follow up.
- Communicate customer & prospect information back to the owner.
- Prepare, deliver and follow-up on product and service proposals.
- Enforce pricing policy and prepare bids, special pricing, quotes and process payments.
- Reactivate lost or inactive accounts.
- Understand market competition.
- Actively focus on professional development by gaining knowledge and building skills surrounding commercial sales, business-to-business sales techniques and time management. Train and retrain on product to ensure broad knowledge of the product being sold.
- Must have excellent oral and written negotiation skills. Good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills along with the ability to prioritize activities to ensure client satisfaction is required.
- Sell with passion and engage new and existing customers in a high quality experience which enables them to make informed purchase decisions.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule as necessary.
- Standard computer skills.
Commercial turf equipment sales a plus but not necessary